Sunday, December 21, 2008

Family & Engagements

This is a picture of Ky and I when we were dating. We were probably engaged at this point or I'm sure I wouldn't have been sitting so close! smile


The reason for these pictures began with a wedding yesterday. Ky's sister Terrie, the one with her hair up in this picture, married her high school sweetheart Don Johnson. Ky and I got to be the witness's. It was nice to be there. As you can see Ky has pretty wonderful brothers and sisters too. We all look a little bit older now. I'm grateful to be part of their family. (Actually, in my mind, everyone but Jason looks pretty much the same now as they did then. Jason is about 6' 3 or 4" now, but I do remember him when he was this little.)
Terrie's girlfriend that came to the wedding asked me how long I had known Terrie. I realized that she was my camp counselor during young women years so I've actually known her longer than I have Ky! It was fun to see her and Don looking so happy.
Kathy is the one on the right and I think she is about perfect. She and Vic have a great family and I love them all.
Ben made my whole life easier by bringing in Tammy to the family. She and I can relate in many ways. We just wished they lived closer so visiting was easier.
Jason is the youngest here, but has grown and married another pretty perfect person, Erin. I have loved watching them enjoy their daughter.
Ky of course is the handsome man on the right. It's sometimes hard to believe that we have been married 35 years. I'm so grateful for his wisdom and willingness to hang in there through good and bad times. I love him.

This is at Disneyland where he proposed to me. He's handsome here and even better looking now. I really don't think it's fair that men get better looking as they age and women just get older looking!!!

These are our engagement pictures. I had "streaked" or highlighted my hair. Now it's called weaving I think. For about 6 months Ky thought I had a white spot in my hair. He married me anyway. That brings back a memory of my Grandma Hale. After I had highlighted my hair (which she didn't like) she always asked me "Did you put more of that stuff in your hair?" She had been a beautician and I just think it bothered her to see such a big difference in the color. I wonder in the resurrection what my "perfected" hair will look like. I've always wanted thick beautiful hair. Oh well, I'm grateful for what I have.





0 comments: